Zions Bank is a U.S. bank headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is a subsidiary of Zions Bancorporation and operates primarily in the Western and Southwestern United States. The bank’s history dates back to the late 19th century, making it one of the oldest financial institutions in the Intermountain West. Zions Bank was founded in 1873 by Brigham Young, a leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), and its name originates from the biblical name “Zion,” which often refers to Jerusalem.
Several Benefits of Zions Bank
- Zions Bank provides a wide range of financial services including personal banking, business banking, wealth management, and more.
- Their offerings include checking and savings accounts, mortgage and loan services, investment options, and other financial products.
- Zions Bank offers online banking services through its website and mobile banking through its app, allowing customers to manage their accounts, pay bills, transfer money, and perform other banking tasks digitally.
- The bank has numerous branches and ATMs primarily located in the Western and Southwestern United States. Its main presence is in states like Utah and Idaho, but it serves other regions as well.
- Zions Bank is known for its community engagement, including supporting local businesses, sponsoring events, and participating in charitable activities.
- As with many modern banks, Zions Bank emphasizes the importance of customer security. They employ multiple layers of security measures, including encryption, fraud monitoring, and two-factor authentication for online banking.
How to create an account in Zions Bank
Opening a bank account with Zions Bank, like with most banks, is a fairly straightforward process. Here’s a general step-by-step guide on how to create an account with Zions Bank:
- Determine Account Type:
Decide what type of account you want to open (e.g., Checking, Savings, Certificate of Deposit, etc.). Each account type will have its requirements and benefits.
- Visit the Zions Bank Website:
Navigate to the Zions Bank official website. As of my last update in September 2021, the website is www.zionsbank.com.
- Locate the ‘Open an Account Section:
Typically, on the homepage or in the main navigation menu, you should find a section or link labeled something like “Open an Account” or “Bank Accounts.”
- Select Your Desired Account:
Once you’re on the account overview page, select the type of account you’d like to open. Click on it for more details.
- Read the Requirements and Details:
Review all the details, benefits, fees, and requirements associated with the account.
- Begin the Application Process:
- Click on an “Apply Now” or similar button to start your application.
- Fill out the application form with your details, including name, address, Social Security number, employment information, and any other required data.
- Identity Verification:
For security reasons, Zions Bank will likely ask for verification of your identity. This might require uploading scanned copies or photos of documents like your driver’s license, passport, or utility bills.
- Initial Deposit:
Some accounts may require an initial deposit. You can often make this deposit online using a debit card, another bank account, or other methods offered.
- Review & Submit:
- Double-check all the information you’ve entered.
- Agree to the agreement conditions after reading them carefully.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for Approval:
After submission, the bank might take a few days to review your application. You’ll likely receive an email or phone call about the status of your application.
How to log in to Zions Bank
If you’re trying to access your account online, here’s a general step-by-step guide on how to log in:
- Access the Zions Bank Website:
Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the Zions Bank official website. As of my last training data in September 2021, the website was www.zionsbank.com.
- Locate the Login Area:
Typically, on the upper right-hand corner of the homepage, you’ll find a login section labeled something like “Online Banking” or “Login”.
- Select Account Type:
If given options, select the type of account or service you wish to access (e.g., Personal, Business, or any other specialty services).
- Enter Login Credentials:
- Username/ID: Enter your online banking username or ID in the provided field.
- Password: Enter your password.
- Two-Factor Authentication:
Some banks, including Zions Bank, may have an added layer of security known as two-factor authentication (2FA). This might involve receiving a code on your registered phone number or email and then entering it on the website.
- Review Your Account:
Once logged in, you can review account balances, and transaction histories, transfer funds, and manage other banking needs.
How to retrieve the account password of Zions Bank
- Visit the Website www.zionsbank.com.
- On the top right-hand corner of the homepage, you’ll find a login section labeled something like “Online Banking” or “Login”.
- Click on the one that says “Forgot Password?”
4. You may be prompted to enter your username, email address, or other identifying information.
5. Depending on the bank’s security measures, you might be asked to answer security questions, receive a verification code via text or email, or go through another verification process.
6. Once you’ve been verified, you’ll typically be given the option to create a new password.
7. Ensure it’s a strong password that’s not easily guessable and different from previous passwords.
Call 888-307-3411 to get in touch with Zions Bank’s general customer care. This number is 24/7 available to help.
Overall you can manage your finances quickly and easily by logging into your account. Just go to the Zions Bank website and input your login and password to log in. To access your account, you can also utilize the Zions Bank mobile app, providing a high level of security.